Effective Date: August 9, 2022
- Sources of Information About You
- Our Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Updating Information
- Our Opt-in / Opt-out Policy
- Links to Other Web Sites; Third Party Applications
- International Transfer
- Children’s Privacy
- “Do Not Track” Disclosures
- Contact Information
- Effective Date
2. Sources of Information About You
We obtain information about you from a variety of sources, including you, your interactions with Health One, customers and other entities with which Health One has a business relationship, and third parties. These customers and other entities may include, without limitation, your employer and those entities that provide or administer your or your employer’s health plans or wellness or health programs, including Hamilton Health Systems, Inc., Physicians Health Services, Inc., Alliant Health Plans, Inc. and Georgia Health Select, LLC
Such information may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number, among other personally identifiable information.
Information you provide to us: If you use certain features of the App, you may be required to provide us certain information.
- Information related to your selection of activities, events, and competitions described on the App or other services available on the App (collectively, “App Activities ”).
- Information related to your performance and participation in App Activities.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering the App with us, posting material or requesting further participation in App Activities.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on our App.
Information we collect from your use of the App and other interactions you have with Health One :
We may collect your usage information about how you use the App, including your access times, location, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol addresses. We may collect device-specific information when you access the App, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with the App.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and to deliver better and more personalized App Activities, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns and analyze trends.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App Activities according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the App.
- Administer the App Activities.
We may also use the information we collect automatically for research and marketing purposes.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the App Activities may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including, but not limited to, your wireless access provider, the manufacturer of your mobile device, third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. This information may include your Social Security Number.
3. Our Use of Information
We use information about you to provide, maintain, personalize and improve our App andApp Activities to develop new App Activities, and to deliver the information and support your requests, including receipts, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We may use information we collect to send you emails and text messages of news and information about our App or App Activities and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, incentives, and rewards offered by us and select partners. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Health One by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We may also use information about you (i) to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with yourparticipation in App Activities and use of the App; (ii) to process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards; (iii) to protect our rights or property; (iv) to compare information for accuracy; (v) to verify your identity; (vi) to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and (vii) for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the App.
Additionally, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about the App, App Activities, and your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our App or App Activities or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- For business development, research, marketing and promotional purposes, press inquiries or aggregate statistical analysis and site customization.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
We may use third-party service providers to process and store personal information in the United States and other countries.
4. Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To your employer and to providers and administrators of your benefit plan programs (including health and wellness plans) and the clinically integrated network activities of your employer and providers and administrators of your benefit plan programs, as applicable to Yourparticipation in any App Activities.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To perform our services or to comply with our other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Health One, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, stock sale, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Health One’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Health One about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with the services we provide, whether or not those services are implemented through the App.
- For any lawful purpose.
- With your consent or direction.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information (aggregated or otherwise) with third parties for any reason.
5. Updating Information
To the extent the App requires or allows you to enter personal information about You, You may update or correct information about yourself by using the functionality of the App or by emailing us at Help@Live4It.com. If you remove your App from your mobile device, then your account may become deactivated. If you wish to have your account deleted, you may contact us at Help@Live4It.com. We will respond to your request within a lawful timeframe under the circumstances of your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request. Certain information is necessary for us to provide the services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information, you will not be able to use the services or receive the related services. Please note that even though you may deactivate your account or request the deletion of your information, we may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
6. Our Opt-in / Opt-out Policy
By providing your contact information in the App, you agree that we may contact you to provide you with any App or service-related notices, or to provide you with information about Health One products, services, events, invitations, or related educational information.
California Users. In addition to the ability to utilize the Opt-Out Opportunities described above, California Users may have the right to request certain disclosure informationannually from Health One. Such disclosure requests should be directed to: email@example.com . For more information, please reference the Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83, available at http://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws. In addition, if you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834 , or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
7. Links to Other Web Sites; Third Party Applications
We also operate and maintain social media networking pages on websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn . We may, from time to time, import comments and posts from these third-party websites to the App. If you post to any of our social networking pages on third-party websites, you are providing information to the public and do so at your own risk. Further, we may use these postings on the App without notice or compensation to you. Please visit the privacy policies of any third-party websites before posting to our pages there.
8. International Transfer
By accessing and using the App, you acknowledge and agree that Health One controls and operates all parts of the App and App Activities from its offices in the United States of America and that the App is intended for use by users located in the United States of America. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, Health One makes no representation that the App or App Activities are appropriate or will be available for use in other locations.
9. Children’s Privacy
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act was created to protect children under the age of 13 from unsuspecting acts or practices in conjunction with collecting, using, and disclosing any information about them. Our App are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. Any access to or use of the App by anyone under the age of 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of the EULA. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or through the App. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian or otherwise believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us so that we can delete the child’s information. We will never knowingly accept, collect, maintain or use any information from the App from a child under the age of 13. If a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child or notify parents.
We safeguard the security of your personal information with industry-standard physical, electronic, and administrative procedures. The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within the App. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting through the App in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
11. “Do Not Track” Disclosures
12. Contact Information
13. Effective Date